ALAMO HAS THREE CEMETERIES
Click on the cemetery name to find a list of names at the cemetery (NOTE: the information provided by the links is provided by another service. Alamo Township is not responsible for errors)
ALAMO TOWNSHIP CEMETERIES:
1. The LIBERTY Cemetery located on G Avenue, between 6th and 7th Streets.
2. The ALAMO CENTER Cemetery located in downtown Alamo south of the Township Hall.
3. The GREEN BAUER Cemetery located between C Avenue and B Avenue, on Owen Drive.
The Township Sexton is Laura Endres. Laura's phone number is 382-3366.
The price of a plot in each of the 3 cemeteries in Alamo is $200.00 (each lot has two plots).
CEMETERY AND USAGE GUIDELINES
(* Section 8 of the Alamo Township Cemetery Ordinance)
- NO GRADING, LEVELING, OR EXCAVATING ON A BURIAL SPACE SHALL BE UNDERTAKEN without prior written permission from the township clerk/sexton.
- NO SHRUB OR TREE SHALL BE PLANTED WITHIN A BURIAL SPACE without prior written application filed with the township clerk specifying the planting proposed and approval by the township board. Existing trees or shrubs may be removed or trimmed by the township where necessary for the proper maintenance, appearance, and use of the cemetery.
- Mounds which hinder the free use of a lawnmower or other garden apparatus shall be prohibited.
- Flowers SHALL NOT be planted within a burial space except directly behind a headstone or marker.
- Winter decorations shall be removed by April 1st and summer decorations by October 1st. Decorations not timely removed may be removed by or at the directions of the Sexton.
- Accumulations of refuse upon a burial site which becomes unsightly, a source of litter, or a maintenance problem shall be prohibited and may be removes by the Sexton. **Refuse includes but is not limited to: Growth, decay, damaged emblems, displays or containers, dried flowers, wreaths and or papers.
- NO SURFACES OTHER THAN SOD SHALL BE PLACED UPON A BURIAL SPACE.
- NO POSTS OF ANY TYPED SHALL BE PLACED ON A BURIAL SPACE.
Thank You for your understanding and helping control the perpetual care costs of maintaining the Townships Cemeteries.
To purchase a lot in Alamo you must be a resident of Alamo, or lived here 25 years or half your life. You may purchase (1) lot each, for husband and wife plus for any disabled child.
1. All summer plantings must be removed by November 15th.
2. All winter decorations must be removed by April 1st.
3. No trees are to be planted without Township Board Approval.
4. All plantings must be in a container and kept close to the stone, so that mowing isn't a problem.
5. All head-stones MUST have a foundation.
***Interested in seeing changes made to the Guidelines & Rules of the Cemetery, take an active part by joining the Cemetery Committee. Please submit a Board/Committee Application to the Supervisor.
This is a good way to make suggestions on the issues you would like to see changed within the Guidelines, Rules, and the Ordinance of the Cemetery .
*REMINDER that all Summer decorations must be removed by October 1st. Please have items you wish to keep removed no later than October 1, 2015, this includes but is not limited to: trinkets, damaged emblems, displays or containers, dried flowers, wreathes, pop bottles/cans, papers, any benches or poles. If not remove they will be removed and discarded during Fall cleanup.
All grave sites must be maintained for proper maintenance and appearance. No shrub or tree shall be planted within a burial space; existing trees or shrubs may be removed or trimmed by the Township where necessary for proper maintenance. Edging, mounds, and extended use of a lot size, are prohibited. Flowers shall not be planted within a burial space except directly behind a headstone or marker, we encourage the use of flower urns preferably made of concrete as they do not become brittle and break after a single season due to sun exposure (care is the responsibility of family members).