ALAMO HAS THREE CEMETERIES
ALAMO TOWNSHIP CEMETERIES:
1. The LIBERTY Cemetery located on G Avenue, between 6th and 7th Streets.
2. The ALAMO CENTER Cemetery located in downtown Alamo south of the Township Hall.
3. The GREEN BOWER Cemetery located between C Avenue and B Avenue, on Owen Drive.
The Township Sexton is Eric Cornell. Please call or leave a message for him at (269) 382 - 3366.
To purchase a lot in Alamo you must be a resident of Alamo, or lived here 25 years or half your life. You may purchase 1 lot each, for husband and wife plus for any disabled child.
The price of a plot in the cemetery is $200.
Full burial M-F is $650, weekends are $675.
Cremations buried M-F are $150, weekends $175.
CEMETERY AND USAGE GUIDELINES
(* Section 8 of the Alamo Township Cemetery Ordinance)
- NO GRADING, LEVELING, OR EXCAVATING ON A BURIAL SPACE SHALL BE UNDERTAKEN without prior written permission from the township clerk/sexton.
- NO SHRUB OR TREE SHALL BE PLANTED WITHIN A BURIAL SPACE without prior written application filed with the township clerk specifying the planting proposed and approval by the township board. Existing trees or shrubs may be removed or trimmed by the township where necessary for the proper maintenance, appearance, and use of the cemetery.
- Mounds which hinder the free use of a lawnmower or other garden apparatus shall be prohibited.
- Flowers SHALL NOT be planted within a burial space except directly behind a headstone or marker.
- Winter decorations shall be removed by April 1st and summer decorations by October 1st. Decorations not timely removed may be removed by or at the directions of the Sexton.
- Accumulations of refuse upon a burial site which becomes unsightly, a source of litter, or a maintenance problem shall be prohibited and may be removes by the Sexton. **Refuse includes but is not limited to: Growth, decay, damaged emblems, displays or containers, dried flowers, wreaths and or papers.
- NO SURFACES OTHER THAN SOD SHALL BE PLACED UPON A BURIAL SPACE.
- NO POSTS OF ANY TYPED SHALL BE PLACED ON A BURIAL SPACE.
Thank You for your understanding and helping control the perpetual care costs of maintaining the Townships' Cemeteries.
1. All summer plantings must be removed by October 1st.
2. All winter decorations must be removed by April 1st.
3. No trees or shrubs are to be planted in the ground without Township Board Approval.
4. All plantings must be in a solid container (preferably concrete) and kept close to the stone, so that mowing isn't a problem.
5. All head-stones MUST have a foundation.
*REMINDER that all Summer decorations must be removed by October 1st and all Winter decorations by April 1st of every year.
Please have items you wish to keep removed no later than stated dates every year, this includes but is not limited to: trinkets, damaged emblems, displays or containers, dried flowers, wreathes, pop bottles/cans, papers, any benches or poles. If not removed before, then they will be removed and discarded during Fall cleanup.
All grave sites must be maintained for proper maintenance and appearance. No shrub or tree shall be planted within a burial space; existing trees or shrubs may be removed or trimmed by the Township where necessary for proper maintenance. Edging, mounds, and extended use of a lot size, are prohibited. Flowers shall not be planted within a burial space except directly behind a headstone or marker, we encourage the use of flower urns preferably made of concrete as they do not become brittle and break. (care is the responsibility of family members).